What to do if you are contacted by a "scammer"
1. Always get information about any salesperson calling with whom you are not familiar.
2. Get their phone number, and call them back at that number before you do business. Most deceptive telemarketers will not give out their phone number.
3. If the caller is unfamiliar but claims to be from your normal dealership, check with a contact person that you know at your dealership before you go further.
4. Compare prices with your normal dealer before you buy.
5. If you come in contact with one of these scams, report it to the Federal Trade Commission, the Postal Service or your local Better Business Bureau.
If you wish to submit a report of your experience, you may write to your local Better Business Bureau, or to:
The Federal Trade Commission Division of Marketing Practices
6 Street and Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington D.C. 20580
Follow this link to the Federal Trade Commission Complaint Assistant to log a formal complaint.